It was Sonakshi Sinha’s birthday on 2nd June. As she turned 32 years old she had the most Dishkiyaon thing to say about her age on social media: Can’t get old if you don’t grow up… Indeed, Sonakshi on screen and off is a ray of sunshine that can brighten anyone’s day. Here are some more reasons to appreciate the Rajjo of our hearts.
1) She pulls off the desi beauty look like none other. It probably stems from her childhood love of dressing up in a sari, nose-ring et al.
2) She knows how to be humane. She donated the entirety of her earnings from her debut movie Dabangg to Salman Khan’s charity, Being Human.
3) Sona’s a badass! She pulled off an entire film on her own as the protagonist in the eponymous Akira. Not only did she display some cool fighting moves in the movie, but she also inspired girls in India to learn martial arts and stand up for themselves. Super dishkiyaon!
4) Sonakshi is double badass! We all know that she has broken the mould of the skinny, waif-like female lead in Bollywood. She embraces her curves but also keeps fit with style. And to the cowardly trolls that continue to body-shame Sonakshi Sinha for her weight she has this to say:
Main jaisi hun vaisi rahungi, aapko dekhna hai aap dekho aap ko mat dekhna hai aap mat dekho.
5) Besides being a great actor, Sonakshi also has genuine singing talent. For her debut as a singer, she lent her voice for an independent track Aaj Mood Ishqholic Hai by Anjjan from the Meet Bros. She also sang for her film Akira.
6) Not only can Sonakshi act and sing, she can also paint well enough to hold exhibitions for her artworks.