Even though the cricket World Cup fever has somewhat taken away the attention from our filmy duniya, there is one big ticket release you may want to miss a match for…
Genre: Action, Drama
Starring: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Tabu, Disha Patani, Sunil Grover, Jackie Shroff, Aasif Sheikh, Sonali Kulkarni, Nora Fatehi.
Directed by: Ali Abbas Zafar
An eagerly-anticipated release with big gun Bhaijaan and his former lady love Katrina Kaif, Bharat is the story of a man who grows, evolves and has pivotal life experiences in tandem with the growth, evolution and experiences of a post-Independence India. Bharat promises to be an adventure-filled story with a heart-warming message to remind us that keeping a nation together is much like keeping a family together.
Watch it because…
1) Salman Khan in five different looks Must. Not. Be. Missed.
2) This is one helluva fun way to brush up on India’s history if you are weak in the subject. The film’s narrative parallels events in Bharat’s life with important events for ‘Humara Bharat Mahaan’ in a way that will make information easy to remember, for example: “1983. India World Cup jeet chukka tha, lehkin Bharat dil haar chukka tha.”
3) Music videos of Bharat’s songs have already clocked over 20 million views on social media, and counting. In keeping with the changing seasons in the movie, Bharat’s songs like ‘Aithey Aa,’ ‘Slow Motion,’ and ‘Chashni’ display a variety in music styles as well. There is something for almost everyone.
4) Katrina got coached, attended workshops and worked hard on her Hindi diction for her role. Director Ali Abbas promises us we are in for a treat when it comes to her performance and her evolution as an actor.
5) In a press interview for the film, Katrina had acted coy and remained non-committal when she was asked how she would respond if Salman Khan were to ask her to marry him now. This is your chance to play detective and read into Sallu and Kat’s performances to judge for yourself if the old flames still carry a spark.